The Asian-Pacific Resource and Research Centre for Women (ARROW) and UN Women are partnering on an initiative to end violence against women with disabilities, implemented by Women with Disabilities Development Foundation (WDDF) in Bangladesh.
ARROW is now looking for a consultant (Bangladesh local) based in Bangladesh (preferably in Dhaka or a nearby area) who will take on the responsibility of managing the coordination for the convening of a Training of Trainers (ToT) on Disability Rights, Gender and Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) in Bangladesh.
The ToT is tentatively scheduled between 29th March 2021 to 2nd April 2021 . The training will be a residential one involving at least 15 participants with disabilities. The consultant will be responsible for overall on the ground coordination of the ToT with remote support from ARROW and following the guidelines/ standard operating procedures (SOP) related to COVID-19 precautionary measures set by the health authorities, with close monitoring by our partner in Bangladesh, Women with Disabilities Development Foundation (WDDF).
Specific duties will include:
1. Finalisation and coordination of the venue, transportation and meals in consultation with WDDF and ARROW. The consultant must ensure that the venue caters to the needs of the participants with physical disabilities.
2. Identification of and finalisation of sign language interpreters and rapporteurs in consultation with ARROW and WDDF.
3. Preparation of all the required materials including folders, stationaries, etc and preparation of DSAs and claims of the participants, resource persons, facilitators and sign language interpreters and reimbursements in consultation and with remote support from ARROW and onsite support from WDDF.
4. Be present full time during the training to ensure that requirements for the successful conclusion of the training are fulfilled.
5. Prepare and submit a reconciliation report to ARROW after getting it approved by WDDF.
6. Perform any other tasks related to the coordination for the success of the ToT.
The consultancy period will be over 30 days starting from 21st February 2021 until 21st April 2021.