ARROW and Youth Constituency of Asia Pacific Regional CSO Engagement Mechanism (APRCEM) are jointly organising the second Pre-APFSD Youth Forum titled, “Transformations for Sustainable and Resilient Societies: Young People are Integral to the Agenda 2030” on 23-24 March, 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.
The youth forum will continue the discussions and the resulting Youth Call to Action of last year, reviewing the implementation status of Sustainable Development Agenda through a dialogue process. The Youth Call to Action and the regional roadmap for the implementation of 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development will be used as the primary framework for reference during the review and dialogue process with relevant stakeholders to ensure an intersectional and holistic approach. The youth forum aims to:
- Bring together young people from different movements and from diverse constituencies of APRCEM to have a holistic review of the implementation status of Sustainable Development Agenda in Asia through dialogue with member states, UN agencies, and other relevant stakeholders using the Pre-APFSD Youth Forum 2017 Youth Call to Action as the reference framework.
- Utilise this space as a dialogue mechanism to enable increased interaction between various stakeholders, including UN agencies, Member States, Youth-led and Youth-serving organisations to realise the commitments around SDGs with a special focus on young people’s needs in the region.
In this context, ARROW and APRCEM’s youth constituency is inviting applications for participation in the youth forum on a self-funded basis. Please send in your application by filling up this form: https://goo.gl/forms/WRKobH8PSZ7g1Se23
- Young people (30 years old and below) from youth-led and youth-serving organisations and youth movement from Asia and the Pacific are eligible to apply.
- Application deadline: 23 February, 2018 (12 midnight Bangkok, Thailand time).
- Please make sure to fill in all the questions and make your applications as strong as possible. Your answer should be concise and clear.
- Participation is on a self-funded basis. Participants will cover their own travel, accommodation and lodging. Lunch and refreshments during the meeting is being provided by the organisers.
- Announcement for selected participants – 7 March 2018
Feel free to ask any questions or give us any feedback by writing to Samreen ([email protected]) and/or Nancy ([email protected]). Don’t forget to share this Call for Application with your network!