Application Deadline: 15 July, 2023
Status: Part-Time (up to 25-30 hours/week) until March 2024
Overview: Kaleidoscope is a feminist transnational partnership between Asian Pacific Resource and Research Centre for Women (ARROW), Global Fund for Women (GFW), Mobilizing Activists around Medical Abortion (MAMA) Network, and Women’s Global Network for Reproductive Rights (WGNRR). Our collaboration supports change within national health systems with the aim of ensuring universal access to comprehensive, non-judgmental, evidence-based, gender-affirming, and anti-protectionist SRHRJ services and information, namely for safe abortion. To advance this vision, we support gender justice movements in 12 countries across Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
Position Summary: The Lead Grant Writer for the Kaleidoscope consortium is responsible for advancing the consortium’s resource mobilisation goals by overseeing the development of all written materials to current and prospective donors. This includes global philanthropic collaboratives, foundations, individual funders, as well as select government and corporate entities. This role will be responsible for working across teams and in partnership with consortium members, grassroots partners, and other movement actors to lead proposal development over a period of several months, conduct and compile research and as needed, and support cross-team alignment and collaboration for the purposes of developing fundraising collateral. The position holder must enjoy and be highly competent in working collaboratively across time zones and geographies and with people of diverse nationalities, abilities, identities, and cultures. We are estimating up to 25-30 hours of work per week. We are looking for this position to be filled until March 2024 with a possibility of renewal based on needs and budgetary capacity.
- Working in partnership with consortium members, develop nuanced and high-quality written deliverables for fundraising which reflect the consortium’s program priorities and advance revenue goals. Key deliverables include major programmatic prospectus, proposals, reports, concepts, and other written collateral as needed.
- Drive cross-organisation, cross-team development of donor materials, including by working closely with various programs teams, impact and effectiveness staff, and finance teams to collect necessary information and synthesise in a compelling and accurate way for donor audiences.
- Document takeaways from strategic planning meetings and consultations with movement actors and translate into concise and compelling materials for donor audiences.
- Lead and compile secondary research to support content acquired through consultations and strategic planning meetings with movement actors.
- Work side by side with fundraising staff to coordinate as needed on deliverables to current and potential donors for Kaleidoscope.
- Work closely with Learning teams for the collection of information and preparation of results-based material for submission to donor audiences.
- Lead development of new resources and processes to facilitate internal collaboration, efficiency, and increased effectiveness as relevant.
- Support oversight of donor-related written deliverables, including supporting tracking deliverables and timelines, coordinating with consortium members, country partners, and other movement actors across time zones to secure updates, and ensuring that progress is being made against set timelines.
- Serve as a sounding board and editor for written materials for other team members.
- Debrief and update consortium members on progress, successes, challenges, and learnings as relevant. Keep all grant records and files up to date as relevant to the development of written deliverables.
- Coordinate as needed with other writing consultants and facilitate writing responsibilities across teams, to weave into nuanced and compelling narratives about Kaleidoscope’s vision, value add, and impact.
- Support resource mobilisation strategies to identity, educate, and cultivate existing and prospective donors (institutional, individual, government, corporate) through the development of targeted and high-quality written collateral, including through concepts, presentations, proposals, and reports.
- Think strategically about new donor collateral needed to communicate Kaleidoscope’s mission, vision and impact and carry out processes efficiently to gather and develop written material.
- Provide technical support to team members in the preparation of meetings and other consultations, including with donors, and including through the preparation of notes, briefs, and other materials.
How to apply: Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/CV, cover letter, and expected rate with “Lead Grant Writer – Kaleidoscope” in the subject line by July 15th 2023.