ARROW is a non-profit women’s NGO with a consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, ARROW has been working since 1993 to champion women’s sexual and reproductive rights. It aims to achieve this through interlinked strategies of information and communications, knowledge exchange and transfer, evidence generation for advocacy, consistent monitoring of progress towards relevant international commitments made vis-a-vis women’s health, capacity building, partnership building for advocacy, engagement at international and regional fora, and enhancing the organisational strength of ARROW and partners. We work with a core set of national partners across Asia and the Pacific, as well as with regional partners from Africa, Middle East and North Africa, Eastern Europe, and Latin America and the Caribbean, and with allied international organisations. Through our information and communications and advocacy programmes, we are able to reach key stakeholders in more than 120 countries worldwide. (See www.arrow.org.my for more information.)
An equal, just and equitable world, where every woman and young person enjoys their full Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights.
To promote and defend women’s, young people’s and trans rights and needs, particularly in the areas of health and sexuality, and affirm their agency to claim these rights.
The role of the Senior Finance Officer is to provide financial support to the administrative and finance management of ARROW in conformance with the Finance Policies and Administrative Procedures. The Senior Finance Officer will also assist with putting up Financial Management methodologies, which include (but not limited to) Accounting Policies and Procedures, Financial Reporting and Monitoring and Internal control policies and procedures.
Responsibilities of the Position:
- – Promote the work of ARROW to individuals and organisations.
- – Report regularly to the Finance Manager on financial matters and inform the Finance Manager of any issues, which are potentially detrimental to the organisation.
- – Constant improvement of processes and participate in its execution which includes putting up necessary Standard Operating Procedures as guidelines.
- – Participate in staff meetings.
- – Other duties as directed by the Finance Manager.
Payments & Receipts
- – Ensure all fund requests are in line with Project/Operational Budgets.
- – Ensure all documents are in place when verifying payments.
- – Ensure grants are received promptly with receipts issued accordingly.
- – All other payments / receipts are to be properly recorded.
- – Prepare and issue ARROW’s official receipts promptly for all publication sales, information services rendered etc.
- – Prepare monthly bank/cash book and bank reconciliation statements. Close monthly accounts & prepare Management Report by 15th of the subsequent month.
- – Prepare project financial statements as required by donors and ensure they are reconciled to ARROW’s accounts and bank statements.
- – Update programme teams on project finances on a monthly basis.
- – Prepare Annual Budget and regular forecasts.
- – Maintain adequate records & files as required for internal & external audit purposes.
- – Liaise with External Auditors for preparation of documentation for annual audit of accounts & project funding audit as per funders’ requirement.
- – Writing reports on financial aspects of the organisation or its project when required or as per requests.
- – Report regularly to the Finance Manager on the progress of organisation’s financial reports and to inform on any issues, which are potentially detrimental to the organisation.
- – Monitor bank balances and prepares cash flow statements to ensure bank balance meets current/monthly operational needs.
- – Quarterly & impromptu Cash Audit must be conducted & variances reported to Manager.
- – Monitor and control Cash Advances prepared and held by the Admin Team for travelling and meetings.
- – Ensure cash advances are reconciled within 2 weeks from travel return / end of meetings.
- – Payroll and its apportionment to projects.
- – EPF, SOCSO and PCB contributions to be paid and filed promptly.
- – Review EA form and Form E yearly.
- – Other duties as directed by Finance Manager.
- – Guide and mentor the finance and admin staffs on consolidating payments and processes.
- – Ensure per diems & travel claims for both participants & ARROW staffs are according to ARROW’s financial procedures.
The position is directly accountable to the Finance Manager for support and supervision.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- – Degree in Accountancy.
- – At least 8 years of related experience in handling full set of accounts, corporate tax, admin. and HR.
- – Proficient and skilled with accounting knowledge and processes.
- – A self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- – Ability to supervise.
- – Good ICT skills – accounting software, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- – Good written, verbal and presentation skills. Able to write narrative type of reports (fluency in English is essential).
- – Excellent planning and organizational skills; priorities and meet multiple deadlines; is flexible and has the ability to multi-task.
- – Can work effectively, efficiently, diplomatically and calmly in a multicultural setting, and can quickly understand and optimize new skills, processes and procedures.
- – Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and team player skills, with ability to influence and negotiate; treats people with fairness and respect; and has a high level of integrity.
- – Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties and demonstrate sound work ethics.
What we Offer:
- – A two-year full-time contract, subject to a 6-month probation, with the prospect of extension subject to favourable appraisal and funding availability.
- – The opportunity for regional and international travel.
- – Competitive benefits and salary as per regional women’s NGOs’ standards.
- – A place of work in the multi-cultural, travel hub, city of Kuala Lumpur.
- – An opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation where team members are highly-passionate about our work, and to get to know highly-committed activists and partners across the Asia-Pacific region.
- – An international working environment.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter, stating your interest and why you are a suitable candidate for this position, along with your CV to [email protected] and by 10 April 2018. In the subject line of the email, please use this: Application for Senior Finance Officer.